FHC 50s February Tourney

The rules will be a little more relaxed in this forum. Please try to use good judgement when talking about other people.
OldYankee
FHC 50s February Tourney

Post by OldYankee » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:21 am

Tough weekend for those running the Tournament. Weather caused initial delays, then games ran long. Some teams were still there after 9:00PM. Sure glad it wasn't me. I do think those in charge could have done a better job of communicating with team managers about the loooooooong delays. If teams had known they were 2-3 hours behind they could have stayed home or at the hotel longer. Sitting around a softball complex with nothing to do is NOT an enjoyable experience. With today's technology, there is no reason not to communicate extreme situations with the members of FHC.

Dogue

Re: FHC 50s February Tourney

Post by Dogue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:34 am

I agree. I'm surprised they didn't go to 1-pitch on day 1 since that seems to be their favorite option.

Bruce Z-

Post by Bruce Z- » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:12 am

Why cant they lock down enough fields to play the games the way the players want-not 1 pitch. The weather was an inconvenience but that wasn't the bigger issue.

elmerg

Post by elmerg » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Was okay with the change in location (Diamondplex from Walker Rd) but the fog related delays made it a long drawn out day, especially for the five new guys we were exposing to their first Senior softball. Resulted in an elevated sphincter factor for our newbies, which was fun to watch.
this forum is a great idea and hope it catches on. thanks.

Hawaiian3

Post by Hawaiian3 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:04 am

There were enough fields booked. Polk Co at the last minute pulled a complex away due to site problems and there was not time to book anything else. Same thing now with the 60s and part of it is being moved from Polk Co to New Tampa

Jerry Francis

Post by Jerry Francis » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:51 pm

we are still paying full price for these tournaments and getting a lot of one pitches. Maybe we should get a cheaper price for the next tournament. What happens to the money we paid for 3 complexes when we only end up with two places

madgolfer13

Post by madgolfer13 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:20 pm

The only thing that was bad is no notice to the after noon teams,playing on saturday,that there was a 2 hour delay do to fog,people at the field running it could of got in touch with coaches.Alot of teams were sitting a round for 3 hours.